Student Workers of the Month - September/October 2009

The following three people are the student workers of the month for September/October 2009. They are selected by the library staff based on criteria such as punctuality, attitude, and customer service to name just a few. Read more about them below.

Tiffany Blalock
Tiffany Blalock is the daughter of Tommy and Pat Blalock. Tiffany was born in Conroe, Texas but grew up in Livingston, Texas. Tiffany has six siblings and 15 nieces and nephews. Tiffany is an Elementary Education major with a minor in mathematics. Tiffany is apart of the Student Activities Board and participates in intermurals. Tiffany love ETBU and thanks God so much for bringing her here. In her free time she likes to watch movies, hang out with her friends and take naps.
Thank you so much for this award!!!
Love,
Tiffany :)


John Christopher Williams III
My name is John Christopher Williams III; I was born in Plain Dealing, La. I am the son of John & Martha Williams. I come from a family of 6 children. At age 10, I realized that it takes hard work and faith to be successful. When I was 12 years old, I started my own lawn service business. This business was quiet profitable. I conducted this business every summer until I graduated. I would like to think that I inherited my ambition from my mother and my hard working skills from my father. In 2005, I attended Bossier Parish Community College to study theatre, where I received my Associates in Theatre and a certificate in technical theatre. Bossier Parish Community College is where I begin to make the transition from a boy to a man. I study hard at BPCC and enhanced my knowledge base without measurements. I graduated from BPCC in 2008. From that point, I decided to attend East Texas Baptist University and continue to study theatre. East Texas Baptist University was very gracious and loving to me. I was very active at ETBU I was involved in the following: Theatre, Cultural Outreach Ministries, SGA, BSM, band, PAS, KKY, and a radio DJ. I believe that if someone wants to be successful, one must be involved and be engaged to their involvements. Saving the best for last Jesus has paved the way for my accomplishments. There is NO substitute for hard-work. May God Bless you.

Karyn Solly
I was born in Kenner,La. My family later moved to Lufkin, TX where I grew up. I am sociology major with a minor in religion. I am Delta Pi Theta's service officer and love being part of the sisterhood. My parents are Keith and Betty Solly and I have two older brothers Paul and Phillip. My desire is to own my own motorcycle and be in races. I collect rubber ducks from all over the world. I also LOVE Nascar. I attend First Baptist Church of Gilmer when I am at school and at home I attend O'Quinn Baptist church. I accepted Christ to be my savior at the age of 8 and never been the same. Each day God renews my strength and my relationship with him so that I can be the best servant for him as possible. Each day I try to live out my life for God's glory and sometimes it is a struggle but again, God renews my strength.

Thank you
Karynbeth Solly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black History Month Display: The Buffalo Soldiers

New Test Prep eLibrary

Welcome Back!